Gettysburg Battlefield KOA

Gettysburg Battlefield KOA

Gettysburg Battlefield KOA


After spending many happy years taking 8th graders to Gettysburg, it was enjoyable to take in the sights as a tourist and not the teacher. This was a 2 night stopover as we began our Rollin’ Into Retirement lifestyle.  The campground is conveniently located outside of the town of Gettysburg so all of the historic places are an easy drive away. The campground is well-maintained and the office staff very helpful. We had a nice pull-though spot that included a concrete patio, picnic table, and glider. We didn’t have time to make use of the many amenities the park offered, but I’m sure you would find things in good working order.


We made a visit to my favorite Gettysburg venue, The Cyclorama, located at the
Visitor Center. Do not miss the opportunity to see this multimedia presentation featuring the Cyclorama painting that depicts the 3 days of the Battle of Gettysburg.  I am awestruck each time I see it. I could stay for hours just looking at this magnificent work of art.


Gettysburg was a great way to begin the journey into this retired life.  It was one of the last things I did with the Class of 2018 and the first thing we did on our trip. Nice transition. I hope to return again soon!

Comments

Popular Posts